Vienna-Style Lager Style
- Color: Copper to reddish-brown
- Clarity: Appearance should be clear. Chill haze should not be present
- Perceived Malt Aroma & Flavor: Characterized by malty aroma and light malt sweetness, which should have a lightly toasted malt character.
- Perceived Hop Aroma & Flavor: Very low to low, derived from noble-type hops.
- Perceived Bitterness: Low to medium-low, clean and crisp.
- Fermentation Characteristics: DMS, diacetyl, and fruity esters should not be present.
- Body: Medium
Vienna-Style Lager Vital Statistics
- Original Gravity (°Plato) 1.046-1.056 (11.4-13.8 °Plato)
- Apparent Extract/Final Gravity (°Plato) 1.012-1.018 (3.1-4.6 °Plato)
- Alcohol by Weight (Volume) 3.8%-4.3% (4.8%-5.4%)
- Bitterness (IBU) 22-28
- Color SRM (EBC) 10-18(20-36 EBC)
2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines used with permission of Brewers Association.