International-Style Pilsener Style
- Color: Straw to pale
- Clarity: Appearance should be clear. Chill haze should not be present
- Perceived Malt Aroma & Flavor: Residual malt aroma and ﬂavor may be present at low levels
- Perceived Hop Aroma & Flavor: Low
- Perceived Bitterness: Low to medium
- Fermentation Characteristics: Very low levels of DMS aroma and ﬂavor are acceptable. Fruity esters and diacetyl should not be present.
- Body: Low to medium
- Additional notes: These beers are often brewed with rice, corn, wheat, or other grains. Sugar adjuncts may also be used.
International-Style Pilsener Vital Statistics
- Original Gravity (°Plato) 1.044-1.050 (11-12.4 °Plato)
- Apparent Extract/Final Gravity (°Plato) 1.008-1.010 (2.1-2.6 °Plato)
- Alcohol by Weight (Volume) 3.6%-4.2% (4.6%-5.3%)
- Bitterness (IBU) 17-30
- Color SRM (EBC) 3-4(6-8 EBC)
2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines used with permission of Brewers Association.
Credit: 2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines – Lager Styles – Other Origin Lager Styles – International-Style Pilsener