German-Style Oktoberfest/Wiesn Style
- Color: Straw to gold
- Clarity: Appearance should be clear. Chill haze should not be present
- Perceived Malt Aroma & Flavor: Clean, sweet, bready malt profile is low to medium-low
- Perceived Hop Aroma & Flavor: Very low to low
- Perceived Bitterness: Very low to low and in balance with low sweet maltiness
- Fermentation Characteristics: Fruity esters and diacetyl should not be present
- Body: Medium
- Additional notes: Traditional Oktoberfest beers were brewed to original gravity at or above 13 ºPlato. Today, some examples are brewed to a lower original gravity.
German-Style Oktoberfest/Wiesn Vital Statistics
- Original Gravity (°Plato) 1.048-1.056 (11.9-13.8 °Plato)
- Apparent Extract/Final Gravity (°Plato) 1.010-1.014 (2.6-3.6 °Plato)
- Alcohol by Weight (Volume) 4.0%-4.8% (5.1%-6.1%)
- Bitterness (IBU) 23-29
- Color SRM (EBC) 3-5(6-10 EBC)
2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines used with permission of Brewers Association.