German-Style Leichtbier Style
- Color: Straw to pale
- Clarity: Appearance should be clear. Chill haze should not be present
- Perceived Malt Aroma & Flavor: Low to medium
- Perceived Hop Aroma & Flavor: Low to medium
- Perceived Bitterness: Medium
- Fermentation Characteristics: Fruity esters and diacetyl should not be present. Very low levels of sulfur-related compounds are acceptable.
- Body: Very low
German-Style Leichtbier Vital Statistics
- Original Gravity (°Plato) 1.026-1.034 (6.6-8.5 °Plato)
- Apparent Extract/Final Gravity (°Plato) 1.006-1.010 (1.5-2.6 °Plato)
- Alcohol by Weight (Volume) 2.0%-2.9% (2.5%-3.7%)
- Bitterness (IBU) 16-24
- Color SRM (EBC) 2-4(4-8 EBC)
2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines used with permission of Brewers Association.
Credit: 2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines – Lager Styles – European Origin Lager Styles – German-Style Leichtbier