Bohemian-Style Pilsener Style
- Color: Straw to gold
- Clarity: Appearance should be clear. Chill haze should not be present
- Perceived Malt Aroma & Flavor: A slightly sweet and toasted, biscuity, bready malt aroma and ﬂavor is present.
- Perceived Hop Aroma & Flavor: Medium-low to medium, derived from late kettle hopping with noble-type hops.
- Perceived Bitterness: Medium
- Fermentation Characteristics: Very low levels of diacetyl, if present, are characteristic of this style and may accent malt character. Low levels of sulfur compounds may be present. DMS should not be present.
- Body: Medium
- Additional notes: The head should be dense.
Bohemian-Style Pilsener Vital Statistics
- Original Gravity (°Plato) 1.044-1.056 (11-13.8 °Plato)
- Apparent Extract/Final Gravity (°Plato) 1.014-1.018 (3.6-4.5 °Plato)
- Alcohol by Weight (Volume) 3.2%-4.0% (4.1%-5.1%)
- Bitterness (IBU) 30-45
- Color SRM (EBC) 3-6(6-12 EBC)
2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines used with permission of Brewers Association.
Credit: 2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines – Lager Styles – European Origin Lager Styles – Bohemian-Style Pilsener