Bamberg-Style Maerzen Rauchbier Style
- Color: Pale to light brown
- Clarity: Appearance should be clear. Chill haze should not be present
- Perceived Malt Aroma & Flavor: Sweet toasted malt aroma should be present. Medium-low to medium toasted malt sweetness should be present. Aroma and flavor of smoked beechwood ranges from very low to medium. Smoke ﬂavors should be smooth, without harshness. Aroma should strike a balance between malt, hop and smoke.
- Perceived Hop Aroma & Flavor: Hop aroma and ﬂavor is very low to low, derived from noble-type hops.
- Perceived Bitterness: Low to medium
- Fermentation Characteristics: Fruity esters and diacetyl should not be present
- Body: Full
Bamberg-Style Maerzen Rauchbier Vital Statistics
- Original Gravity (°Plato) 1.050-1.060 (12.4-14.7 °Plato)
- Apparent Extract/Final Gravity (°Plato) 1.012-1.020 (3.1-5.1 °Plato)
- Alcohol by Weight (Volume) 4.0%-4.7% (5.1%-6.0%)
- Bitterness (IBU) 18-25
- Color SRM (EBC) 4-15(8-30 EBC)
2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines used with permission of Brewers Association.