Bamberg-Style Bock Rauchbier Style
- Color: Dark brown to very dark
- Clarity: Appearance should be clear. Chill haze should not be present
- Perceived Malt Aroma & Flavor: Medium to medium-high malt aroma and ﬂavor should be present with very low to medium-high beechwood smoke aromas and ﬂavors. Smoke flavors should be smooth, without harshness. Smoke ﬂavor may create a perception of mild sweetness.
- Perceived Hop Aroma & Flavor: Very low
- Perceived Bitterness: Medium, increasing proportionately with starting gravity.
- Fermentation Characteristics: Fruity esters are usually absent, but if present should be very low. Diacetyl should not be present.
- Body: Medium to full
Bamberg-Style Bock Rauchbier Vital Statistics
- Original Gravity (°Plato) 1.066-1.074 (16.1-18 °Plato)
- Apparent Extract/Final Gravity (°Plato) 1.018-1.024 (4.6-6.1 °Plato)
- Alcohol by Weight (Volume) 5.0%-6.0% (6.3%-7.6%)
- Bitterness (IBU) 20-30
- Color SRM (EBC) 20-30(40-60 EBC)
2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines used with permission of Brewers Association.