Australasian, Latin American or Tropical-Style Light Lager Style
- Color: Straw to gold
- Clarity: Chill haze should not be present
- Perceived Malt Aroma & Flavor: Malt sweetness is absent
- Perceived Hop Aroma & Flavor: Not present to very low
- Perceived Bitterness: Very low
- Fermentation Characteristics: Sugar adjuncts are often used to lighten the body and ﬂavor, sometimes contributing to very low to low fruity esters such as apple or pear. Diacetyl should not be present.
- Body: Low
- Additional notes: Sugar, corn, rice, and other cereal grains or carbohydrates sources are used as adjuncts.
Australasian, Latin American or Tropical-Style Light Lager Vital Statistics
- Original Gravity (°Plato) 1.038-1.046 (9.5-11.4 °Plato)
- Apparent Extract/Final Gravity (°Plato) 1.006-1.010 (1.5-2.6 °Plato)
- Alcohol by Weight (Volume) 3.2%-4.0% (4.1%-5.1%)
- Bitterness (IBU) 9-18
- Color SRM (EBC) 2-5(4-10 EBC)
2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines used with permission of Brewers Association.