American-Style Pilsener Style
- Color: Straw to gold
- Clarity: Appearance should be clear. Chill haze should not be present
- Perceived Malt Aroma & Flavor: Medium-low to medium
- Perceived Hop Aroma & Flavor: Medium to high, exhibiting attributes typical of noble-type hops
- Perceived Bitterness: Medium to high
- Fermentation Characteristics: DMS, fruity esters and diacetyl should not be present.
- Body: Medium-low to medium
- Additional notes: Finish should exhibit low to medium-low body with a clean, crisp malt character evident at low levels. Up to 25% corn and/or rice in the grist should be used. Beers in this category hew to American-style lagers typical of the pre-Prohibition era.
American-Style Pilsener Vital Statistics
- Original Gravity (°Plato) 1.045-1.060 (11.2-14.7 °Plato)
- Apparent Extract/Final Gravity (°Plato) 1.012-1.018 (3.1-4.6 °Plato)
- Alcohol by Weight (Volume) 3.9%-4.7% (4.9%-6.0%)
- Bitterness (IBU) 25-40
- Color SRM (EBC) 3-6(6-12 EBC)
2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines used with permission of Brewers Association.