American-Style India Pale Lager Style
- Color: Straw to gold
- Clarity: Hop haze is allowable. Chill haze should not be present
- Perceived Malt Aroma & Flavor: Medium-low to medium, exhibiting bready, cracker-like or other attributes typical of pale malts
- Perceived Hop Aroma & Flavor: Medium to high with attributes typical of hops of any origin
- Perceived Bitterness: Medium to high, but not harsh
- Fermentation Characteristics: Fruity esters, DMS and diacetyl should not be present.
- Body: Medium-low to medium
- Additional notes: This style of beer should exhibit the fresh character of hops.
American-Style India Pale Lager Vital Statistics
- Original Gravity (°Plato) 1.050-1.065 (12.4-15.9 °Plato)
- Apparent Extract/Final Gravity (°Plato) 1.008-1.016 (2.1-4.1 °Plato)
- Alcohol by Weight (Volume) 4.4%-5.6% (5.6%-7.0%)
- Bitterness (IBU) 30-70
- Color SRM (EBC) 3-6(6-12 EBC)
2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines used with permission of Brewers Association.
Credit: 2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines – Lager Styles – North American Origin Lager Styles – American-Style India Pale Lager