American-Style Dark Lager Style
- Color: Light brown to very dark
- Clarity: Appearance should be clear. Chill haze should not be present
- Perceived Malt Aroma & Flavor: Low malt aroma and ﬂavor may include low levels of caramel
- Perceived Hop Aroma & Flavor: Very low to low
- Perceived Bitterness: Very low to low and dissipates quickly.
- Fermentation Characteristics: Carbonation is high. Fruity esters, DMS and diacetyl should not be present.
- Body: low
American-Style Dark Lager Vital Statistics
- Original Gravity (°Plato) 1.040-1.050 (10-12.4 °Plato)
- Apparent Extract/Final Gravity (°Plato) 1.008-1.012 (2.1-3.1 °Plato)
- Alcohol by Weight (Volume) 3.2%-4.4% (4.1%-5.6%)
- Bitterness (IBU) 14-24
- Color SRM (EBC) 14-25(28-50 EBC)
2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines used with permission of Brewers Association.