American-Style Cream Ale Style
- Color: Straw to gold
- Clarity: Chill haze should be very low or not be present
- Perceived Malt Aroma & Flavor: The dominant flavor is of pale malt sweetness at medium-low to medium levels. Caramel malt attributes should be absent. Attributes typical of corn or other adjuncts may be present at low levels.
- Perceived Hop Aroma & Flavor: Hop aroma and ﬂavor is very low to low or may be absent
- Perceived Bitterness: Very low to low
- Fermentation Characteristics: Low level fruity esters may be present. Sulfur and DMS are usually absent but may be present at extremely low levels. Diacetyl should not be present.
- Body: Low
- Additional notes: These crisp and refreshing beers are fermented warm with ale or lager yeast and lagered cold
American-Style Cream Ale Vital Statistics
- Original Gravity (°Plato) 1.044-1.052 (11-12.9 °Plato)
- Apparent Extract/Final Gravity (°Plato) 1.004-1.010 (1-2.6 °Plato)
- Alcohol by Weight (Volume) 3.4%-4.5% (4.3%-5.7%)
- Bitterness (IBU) 10-22
- Color SRM (EBC) 2-5(4-10 EBC)
2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines used with permission of Brewers Association.