Irish-Style Red Ale Style
- Color: Copper-red to reddish-brown
- Clarity: Chill haze or yeast haze may be present at low levels
- Perceived Malt Aroma & Flavor: Low to medium candy-like caramel malt sweetness should be present in ﬂavor. A toasted malt character should be present and there may be a slight roast barley or roast malt presence.
- Perceived Hop Aroma & Flavor: Not present to medium
- Perceived Bitterness: Medium
- Fermentation Characteristics: Low level fruity esters are acceptable. Diacetyl is usually absent in these beers but may be present at very low levels.
- Body: Medium
Irish-Style Red Ale Vital Statistics
- Original Gravity (°Plato) 1.040-1.048 (10-11.9 °Plato)
- Apparent Extract/Final Gravity (°Plato) 1.010-1.014 (2.6-3.6 °Plato)
- Alcohol by Weight (Volume) 3.2%-3.8% (4.0%-4.8%)
- Bitterness (IBU) 20-28
- Color SRM (EBC) 11-18(22-36 EBC)
2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines used with permission of Brewers Association.