International-Style Pale Ale Style
- Color: Gold to copper
- Clarity: Chill haze is acceptable at low temperatures
- Perceived Malt Aroma & Flavor: Very low to medium malt flavor and aroma should be present. Low caramel malt aroma and flavor may be present.
- Perceived Hop Aroma & Flavor: Hop aroma is low to high. Hop ﬂavor is very low to high. Hop character can vary widely depending on variety and origin of hops used, and should reflect attributes typical of non-U.S. and non-British variety hops.
- Perceived Bitterness: Medium to high
- Fermentation Characteristics: Fruity esters are low to high. Diacetyl is usually absent in these beers but may be present at very low levels. DMS should not be present.
- Body: Low to medium
International-Style Pale Ale Vital Statistics
- Original Gravity (°Plato) 1.040-1.060 (10-14.7 °Plato)
- Apparent Extract/Final Gravity (°Plato) 1.006-1.014 (1.5-3.6 °Plato)
- Alcohol by Weight (Volume) 3.5%-5.2% (4.4%-6.6%)
- Bitterness (IBU) 20-42
- Color SRM (EBC) 5-12(10-24 EBC)
2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines used with permission of Brewers Association.