- Color: Straw to gold
- Clarity: Chill haze is acceptable at low temperatures
- Perceived Malt Aroma & Flavor: Oak-smoked wheat malt comprises the entire grain bill. Assertive smoked wheat malt aromas and flavors are medium to medium-high with aroma dominated by oak smoke.
- Perceived Hop Aroma & Flavor: Aroma and flavor of noble hops ranges from not present to low
- Perceived Bitterness: Medium-low to medium
- Fermentation Characteristics: Fruity esters are low. Diacetyl and DMS should not be present. An overall crisp flavor is achieved by managing fermentation temperatures. Sourness should not be present.
- Body: Low to medium-low
- Additional notes: Grodziskie (sometimes referred to as Graetzer in German) is an ale style of Polish origin. Historic versions were often bottle conditioned and highly carbonated.
Grodziskie Vital Statistics
- Original Gravity (°Plato) 1.028-1.036 (7.1-9 °Plato)
- Apparent Extract/Final Gravity (°Plato) 1.006-1.010 (1.5-2.6 °Plato)
- Alcohol by Weight (Volume) 2.1%-2.9% (2.7%-3.7%)
- Bitterness (IBU) 15-25
- Color SRM (EBC) 3-6(6-12 EBC)
2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines used with permission of Brewers Association.