Golden or Blonde Ale Style
- Color: Straw to gold
- Clarity: Chill haze should not be present
- Perceived Malt Aroma & Flavor: Low malt sweetness and toast, cereal-like or other pale malt attributes should be present in ﬂavor and aroma at low to medium-low levels.
- Perceived Hop Aroma & Flavor: Hop aroma and ﬂavor should be medium-low to medium, with attributes typical of hops of any origin present but not dominant.
- Perceived Bitterness: Low to medium
- Fermentation Characteristics: Fruity esters may be present at low to medium-low levels. Diacetyl and DMS should not be present.
- Body: Low to medium with a crisp finish
Golden or Blonde Ale Vital Statistics
- Original Gravity (°Plato) 1.045-1.054 (11.2-13.3 °Plato)
- Apparent Extract/Final Gravity (°Plato) 1.008-1.016 (2.1-4.1 °Plato)
- Alcohol by Weight (Volume) 3.2%-4.0% (4.1%-5.1%)
- Bitterness (IBU) 15-25
- Color SRM (EBC) 3-7(6-14 EBC)
2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines used with permission of Brewers Association.