English-Style Dark Mild Ale Style
- Color: Reddish-brown to very dark
- Clarity: Chill haze is acceptable at low temperatures
- Perceived Malt Aroma & Flavor: Malt attributes such as caramel, licorice, roast or others may be present in aroma and flavor.
- Perceived Hop Aroma & Flavor: Very low
- Perceived Bitterness: very low to low
- Fermentation Characteristics: Diacetyl is usually absent in these beers but may be present at very low levels. Fruity esters are very low to medium-low.
- Body: Medium-low to medium
English-Style Dark Mild Ale Vital Statistics
- Original Gravity (°Plato) 1.030-1.036 (7.6-9 °Plato)
- Apparent Extract/Final Gravity (°Plato) 1.004-1.008 (1-2.1 °Plato)
- Alcohol by Weight (Volume) 2.7%-3.4% (3.4%-4.4%)
- Bitterness (IBU) 10-24
- Color SRM (EBC) 17-34(34-68 EBC)
2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines used with permission of Brewers Association.