Double Hoppy Red Ale Style
- Color: Deep amber to dark copper/reddish-brown
- Clarity: Chill haze is acceptable at low temperatures
- Perceived Malt Aroma & Flavor: Medium to medium-high caramel malt character should be present in ﬂavor and aroma. Low to medium biscuit or toasted malt character may also be present.
- Perceived Hop Aroma & Flavor: Hop aroma is high, derived from any variety of hops. Hop ﬂavor is high and balanced with other beer attributes.
- Perceived Bitterness: High to very high
- Fermentation Characteristics: Alcohol content is medium to high. Complex alcohol ﬂavors may be present. Fruity esters are medium. Diacetyl should not be present.
- Body: Medium to full
Double Hoppy Red Ale Vital Statistics
- Original Gravity (°Plato) 1.058-1.080 (14.3-19.3 °Plato)
- Apparent Extract/Final Gravity (°Plato) 1.015-1.024 (3.9-6.1 °Plato)
- Alcohol by Weight (Volume) 4.9%-6.3% (6.1%-7.9%)
- Bitterness (IBU) 45-80
- Color SRM (EBC) 10-17(20-34 EBC)
2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines used with permission of Brewers Association.
Credit: 2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines – Ale Styles – North American Origin Ale Styles – Double Hoppy Red Ale