Belgian-Style Pale Ale Style
- Color: Gold to copper
- Clarity: Chill haze is acceptable at low temperatures
- Perceived Malt Aroma & Flavor: Malt aroma should be low. Caramel or toasted malt ﬂavor is acceptable.
- Perceived Hop Aroma & Flavor: Low but noticeable. Noble-type hops are commonly used.
- Perceived Bitterness: Low to medium
- Fermentation Characteristics: Low to medium fruity esters are present. Yeast-derived phenolic spicy ﬂavors and aromas should be present at low to medium-low levels. Diacetyl should not be present.
- Body: Low to medium
Belgian-Style Pale Ale Vital Statistics
- Original Gravity (°Plato) 1.044-1.054 (11-13.3 °Plato)
- Apparent Extract/Final Gravity (°Plato) 1.008-1.014 (2.1-3.6 °Plato)
- Alcohol by Weight (Volume) 3.2%-5.0% (4.1%-6.3%)
- Bitterness (IBU) 20-30
- Color SRM (EBC) 6-12(12-24 EBC)
2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines used with permission of Brewers Association.