Belgian-Style Dubbel Style
- Color: Brown to very dark
- Clarity: Chill haze is acceptable at low temperatures. Slight yeast haze may be present in bottle conditioned versions.
- Perceived Malt Aroma & Flavor: Cocoa, dark or dried fruit and/or caramel aroma attributes should be present along with malty sweetness.
- Perceived Hop Aroma & Flavor: Low, if present.
- Perceived Bitterness: Medium-low to medium
- Fermentation Characteristics: Fruity esters (especially banana) are absent or present at low levels. Clove-like phenolic flavor and aroma may be present at low to medium-low levels. Diacetyl character should not be present.
- Body: Low to medium
- Additional notes: Head should be dense and mousse-like
Belgian-Style Dubbel Vital Statistics
- Original Gravity (°Plato) 1.060-1.075 (14.7-18.2 °Plato)
- Apparent Extract/Final Gravity (°Plato) 1.012-1.016 (3.1-4.1 °Plato)
- Alcohol by Weight (Volume) 5.0%-6.0% (6.3%-7.6%)
- Bitterness (IBU) 20-35
- Color SRM (EBC) 16-36(32-72 EBC)
2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines used with permission of Brewers Association.