Belgian-Style Blonde Ale Styles
- Color: Pale to light amber
- Clarity: Chill haze is acceptable at low temperatures
- Perceived Malt Aroma & Flavor: Malt aroma and ﬂavor are low
- Perceived Hop Aroma & Flavor: Not present to low. Noble-type hops are commonly used.
- Perceived Bitterness: Very low to medium-low
- Fermentation Characteristics: Low to medium fruity esters are balanced with low level malt attributes. Low level yeast-derived phenolic spiciness may be present. Diacetyl and acidic character should not be present.
- Body: Low to medium
Belgian-Style Blonde Ale Vital Statistics
- Original Gravity (°Plato) 1.054-1.068 (13.3-16.6 °Plato)
- Apparent Extract/Final Gravity (°Plato) 1.008-1.014 (2.1-3.6 °Plato)
- Alcohol by Weight (Volume) 5.0%-6.2% (6.3%-7.9%)
- Bitterness (IBU) 15-30
- Color SRM (EBC) 4-7(8-14 EBC)
2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines used with permission of Brewers Association.
Credit: 2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines – Ale Styles – Belgian Origin Ale Styles – Belgian-Style Blonde Ale