American-Style Wheat Wine Ale Style
- Color: Gold to black
- Clarity: Chill haze is acceptable at low temperatures
- Perceived Malt Aroma & Flavor: Bread, wheat, honey and/or caramel malt aromas and flavors are often present. High residual malt sweetness should be present.
- Perceived Hop Aroma & Flavor: Low to medium
- Perceived Bitterness: Medium to medium-high
- Fermentation Characteristics: Fruity esters are often high and balanced by a complexity of alcohols and high alcohol content. Diacetyl is usually absent in these beers but may be present at very low levels. Phenolic yeast character, sulfur, and/or DMS should not be present. Oxidized, stale and aged attributes are not typical of this style.
- Body: Full
- Additional notes: This style is brewed with at least 50% wheat malt.
American-Style Wheat Wine Ale Vital Statistics
- Original Gravity (°Plato) 1.088-1.120 (21.1-28 °Plato)
- Apparent Extract/Final Gravity (°Plato) 1.024-1.032 (6.1-8 °Plato)
- Alcohol by Weight (Volume) 6.7%-9.6% (8.5%-12.2%)
- Bitterness (IBU) 45-85
- Color SRM (EBC) 5+(10+ EBC)
2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines used with permission of Brewers Association.