American-Style Imperial Porter Style
- Color: Black
- Clarity: Opaque
- Perceived Malt Aroma & Flavor: No roast barley or strong burnt/black malt character should be present. Medium malt, caramel and cocoa sweetness should be present.
- Perceived Hop Aroma & Flavor: Low to medium-high
- Perceived Bitterness: Medium-low to medium
- Fermentation Characteristics: Fruity esters are present but not overpowering and should complement hop character and malt-derived sweetness. Diacetyl should not be present absent.
- Body: Full
American-Style Imperial Porter Vital Statistics
- Original Gravity (°Plato) 1.080-1.100 (19.3-23.7 °Plato)
- Apparent Extract/Final Gravity (°Plato) 1.020-1.030 (5.1-7.6 °Plato)
- Alcohol by Weight (Volume) 5.5%-9.5% (7.0%-12.0%)
- Bitterness (IBU) 35-50
- Color SRM (EBC) 40+(80+ EBC)
2020 Brewers Association Beer Style Guidelines used with permission of Brewers Association.